Location: Brooklyn, New York
Status: Exempt – Full-Time
Reports to: CCO and Managing Director
The Operations Manager is a new position at Lady Parts Justice League created to be the organizational intermediary between the CCO and Managing Director, and the rest of the staff. This person will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day effectiveness of LPJL, including our operations, finance, and human resources functions. The Operations manager will create, develop and implement systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of how the office runs day to day. The operations manager oversees the the office manager and will create, implement and oversee the office managers workflow.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and highly organized, and the ability to create systems, manage budgets, office compliance and HR issues. They must be able to look at the operations structure as a whole and build an office structure that can be managed fluidly in tandem with the office manager. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with a motivated team and own the challenge of helping a young and innovative organization achieve long-term sustainability.
About Lady Parts Justice League
Founded in 2015 by Lizz Winstead, Lady Parts Justice League (LPJL) uses humor and outrage to destigmatize abortion and expose extremist, anti-choice forces working to destroy access to reproductive rights across the country. LPJL fosters a multicultural, multiethnic and gender-fluid team of comedians, writers, producers, activists and volunteers who create content, stage events and build grassroots support for abortion providers that comes from and speaks to a diversity of life experiences. LPJL is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Reports to the Managing Director and collaborates with department heads to manage and track budgets, and work with our fiscal sponsor, NEO Philanthropy,to ensure accurate and timely financial processing and reporting.
- Coordinate day-to-day finance operations, and liaising with our fiscal sponsor; this includes processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, and invoicing.
- Serve as a resource hub for staff, contractors, and outside vendors
- Across all areas of work, contribute to annual operations calendars and manuals.
- Maintain, administer and train others on effective use of platforms and systems for organizing our assets, managing time, and tra.
- Manage attendance records from LPJL events and coordinate use of data analysis for learning and improvement.
- Maintain content, accuracy and visual organization of files (or informational databases).
- In coordination with NEO Philanthropy, support HR activities and file maintenance, including onboarding and off-boarding, performance reviews, and related documentation.
- Create systems for office manager to manage and schedule job applications, for onboarding new hires and setting up all trainings with fiscal sponsor.
- Manage, update and appropriately communicate departmental documents (e.g. organizational announcements, distribution lists).
- Interface appropriately with many internal and external executives, and senior staff, including the Management Team and the Advisory Board as needed.
- Prepare and handle confidential information such as itineraries, and VIP contact lists.
- Managing Office manager and organizational systems used by Production staff.
We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- Relationship development and management skills; orientation to network-building.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comparable Google Docs applications.
- Proficiency using some CRM system. Experience with Salsa preferred.
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement actions plans and monitor progress.
- Experience supporting chief executives or other senior leaders as well as managing multiple and competing priorities with cross functional teams.
- Preference for someone who has a strong working knowledge of production and/or non-profit environment.
- Ability to anticipate needs and issues and act accordingly in addition to exhibiting good judgment.
- Morning person with the ability to flex schedule to meet work demands (ex. early mornings, after hours when appropriate).
- Must display professional maturity and ability to support and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to change focus of work seamlessly, efficiently, and adapt to unexpected requests.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to 100% follow-up.
- Enthusiasm for operating in a complex, dynamic, and widely networked culture.
- Passion for abortion rights
- Sense of humor
- Experience working in a political advocacy context, within the reproductive rights movement.
Some travel required, as well as flexibility to attend evening and weekend events.
$60,000 to $65,000
Competitive benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, short term disability insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kat Green at email@example.com
Lady Parts Justice League is a project of NEO Philanthropy, Inc., a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NEO’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.