SUPPORTING + CONNECTING ABORTION PROVIDERS AND THEIR COMMUNITIES
Lady Parts Justice League creates media exposing the relentless assault on reproductive access, and we also also hit the road with a USO-inspired outreach that brings entertainment, elbow grease, and love to independent abortion providers and their allies.
The League works together with abortion clinics and activists in local communities, bringing them the support they need and the fun they deserve. Through our comedy shows, we help grow a supporter base for clinics, bringing more community together to build stronger relationships between providers, escorts, and advocates.
A few of the places where we’ve made a difference:
- October 2016: LPJL spent 10 days in North Carolina bringing comedy shows to 3 different cities, while also planning an art project for a Greensboro clinic. We traveled to Raleigh, helped escort, planted a protective prickly bush to block protesters, painted a fence and counter-protested the 40 Days For Life sneak attack.
- July 2016: Knowing the Preterm Clinic in Cleveland was a target during the Republican convention, LPJL travelled to Ohio to help escort. We finished the week by gathering local comedians, renting a taco truck, and throwing a dance party in the parking lot for the Preterm escorts and staff.
- July 2016: Because LPJL was invited to be on a keynote panel at Netroots Nation 2016 in St Louis, we stayed an extra day to raise funds for the Gateway Women’s Access fund in conjunction with Missouri State Representative Stacey Newman.
- March 2016: LPJL brought a busload of supporters from NYC to the Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt Supreme Court rally in Washington, DC and threw a big afterparty to bring The Center For Reproductive Rights, Whole Woman’s Health, and activists together to celebrate everyone’s hard work.
- In July of 2015 LPJL travelled to Alabama and Mississippi to help escort and counter protest the 40 Days For Life assault on clinics in Jackson and Montgomery. While there, we threw a party for the staff and escorts from each clinic to show our appreciation for all that they do.
At every stop, the League sets up a #ThankBank station. #ThankBank, our ongoing postcard writing campaign, has audiences at every event write notes of support to independent providers across the country. We provide the postcard, the stamp, and mail them to ensure delivery. To date we have sent over 2,000 cards of support.
To understand the impact of our work, check out some testimonials from the folks we have supported!
As support for Lady Parts Justice League grows, so does our outreach. Bringing community and clinics together is at the heart of what LPJL does. If you’re interested in getting involved or helping to support this key component of LPJL, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.